COVID -19 UPDATE Entry Requirements
1) Negative COVIC-19 test taken within 5 days of travel (children under 10 years old exempt).
2) Medical/Travel Insurance that covers medevac. (We work with Global Rescue to provide this insurance for you.)
3) Documents uploaded to the TCI government portal before travel
4) The TCI government will provide you with a Travel Authorization Certificate prior to travel. You must present the authorization to the airlines during your check-in process for your flight to TCI.
5) Upon arrival we can offer you special VIP Meet & Greet Services that will whisk you through the process and have you on your way in a private luxury vehicle to your resort or villa of choice.
The islands are gorgeous, of course, and this far south the weather is consistently good as cold fronts rarely reach these islands. The Islands are composed of two groups of islands: the "Turks islands" (Grand Turk and Salt Cay), and "The Caicos islands" (Providenciales, North Caicos, Middle Caicos, East Caicos, South Caicos, West Caicos). The groups are separated by the Turk Island Passage, a twenty-two mile wide, 7,000 feet deep channel. Of the forty islands and cays that make up this British colony, only eight are inhabited.
Providenciales, or "Provo" as everyone calls it, is the center of the tourism industry, and in fact, Provo was created from scratch by developers in the 1980s. Grace Bay Beach, a 12-mile long strip of perfect powdery white sand, is the center of resort development. The turquoise waters that lap the shore here rival any in the Caribbean for relaxed swimming, snorkeling, or pretty much any water sport you can name. Setting the idea of fishing aside, this is one of the best destinations in the Caribbean for an overall sand, sea, surf, golf and tennis vacation for families and couples. It's a great spot for a romantic getaway too with a variety of upscale luxury accommodations, excellent restaurants, and miles of deserted beaches on nearby cays where you'll never see another person.
Now toss in the fact that Provo and its neighboring cays are surrounded by bonefish flats, and you've got the ideal combination for anglers and non-anglers alike. If you rent a car you can fish all over the island on your own. The best flats are on the south side of Provo, and some of our favorites include Silly Creek, Cooper Jack Bight, Jim Hill Bight, and areas of Long Bay Beach. A wonderful out of the way place to stay is Harbour Club Villas & Marina overlooking Flamingo Lake. This lake, and others nearby, are loaded with bonefish, and while the bottom is fairly soft, its wadable, and you can fish to tailing fish most days without worrying about the tides, although mornings and late afternoons are best. If you want to rent a boat, a 16' Carolina Skiff for example, you can fish countless flats on your own from the Leeward Marina all the way to Parrot Cay. Or rent the boat and forget fishing--just go snorkeling along the reef, or stop off on a pristine deserted beach for a swim and a picnic.
See our top resort, villa, and fishing recommendations on our Turks and Caicos page.
Email Stephen directly for more details and to begin your travel planning journey.